SOON: Open Call for NESVRSTANI 2020
Open Call for 2nd edition of NESVRSTANI -Art Convention, which will be held from 23 to 26 May 2019 at the Lauba House for People and Art, Zagreb.
Application deadline : 15 February 2019.
NESVRSTANI–WEEK FOR PEOPLE AND ARTLaunched in 2018, the boutique art fair provides a commercial platform for galleries, artists associations, and individual artists. The concept disrupts the standard art fair model, it's a hybrid art convention that spotlights established galleries and independent artists associations. NESVRSTANI contributes directly to an increased valuation of local contemporary artists and brings them together with collectors. With its rich supporting program:hosting street artists, producing critical discussions and educational seminars, the NESVRSTANIalso entertains with concerts, workshops, and multimedia events and therefore attracts a wide audience, cultural institutions, critics and art lovers.
BASIC APPLICATIONS TERMS
- The competition is open to galleries, art associations and organizations and freelance artists active in the field of contemporary art that want to commercially present their work at the art fair
- The organizer of the Art convention NESVRSTANI is Lauba - House for People and Art, Prilaz bauna Filipovića 23a, 10 000 Zagreb
Open call categories:
A:Galleries, associations of artists and artistic organizations - main category in the exhibition and sales program: Exhibitors in the category A are provided with the space up to 50 m2 with panel / wall area (320 x 295 cm + 320 x 420 cm + 320 x 420 cm) for exhibiting, in which galleries can be represented individually or in groups * (* up to three galleries).
B:For category B - Independent artist presentation A short biography, artist statement Photos of works planning to exhibit (10 to 15 photo papers in web resolution or photo link (eg through Dropbox or other online platforms)
In the case of group exhibitions of multiple artists - description of the exhibition concept
THE OBLIGATIONS OF THE ORGANIZER
- NESVRSTANI will be held at Lauba - House for People and Art
- The organizer coversthe participation feeand provides the staff for the exhibits installment
- The organizer ensures the production of catalogs and the accompanying materials
The exhibitor’s booth position and the total number of exhibitors is determined by the organizer
THE OBLIGATIONS OF THE EXHIBITORS
- Exhibitors undertake to participate throughout the entire duration of the NESVRSTANI Art Convention and to respect the Code of Conduct
- Exhibitors are responsible for envisioning their curatorial concept and maintaining the communication with visitors
- Exhibitors are responsible forsubmitting the photo and textual material for the production of catalogs and media announcements, within the requested deadline
- The transport and packaging of artworks is the obligation of the exhibitor
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND IMPORTANT DATES
- Submit your application by February 15 February 2019 at email@example.com
The application must contain:
For category A – Galleries andartists associations
- A brief description of the gallery/art associations, their scope and exhibition program.
- Names of artists planning to exhibit, their short resumes and photographs of the works planning to exhibit (10 to 15 photos in web resolution or photo links (eg through Dropbox or other online platforms)
In the case of group multiple galleries presentations - description of the curatorial concept
For category B - Independent artist presentation
A short biography, artist statement
Photos of works planning to exhibit (10 to 15 photo papers in web resolution or photo link (eg through Dropbox or other online platforms)